It’s crunch time on the Women’s World Cup with the ultimate spherical of fixtures within the group phases set to determine who will advance to the knockouts.
It has been a match of shocks and surprises to this point, with Nigeria beautiful Australia and Colombia’s last-gasp win over Germany standing out as the largest outcomes of the World Cup.
There are set to be extra twists and turns as the ultimate matches of the group phases are performed out – with the highest two groups in each group advancing to the last-16.
With every thing to play for throughout a number of teams, right here’s what each team wants to succeed in the knockout phases, beginning with Group B.
Group B standings
1. Nigeria – 4 factors (+1 purpose distinction)
2. Canada – 4 factors (+1)
3. Australia – 3 factors (+0)
4. Eire (E) – 0 factors (-2)
Outcomes and fixtures
Australia 1-0 Eire
Canada 0-0 Nigeria
Australia 2-3 Nigeria
Eire 1-2 Canada
Australia vs Canada (11am BST)
Nigeria vs Eire (11am BST)
– Will qualify with a victory or draw towards Eire. If Canada additionally win, whoever has the upper purpose distinction will undergo as group winners. If that’s degree, it can go right down to truthful play factors because the head-to-head is degree, after the groups drew 0-0 on matchday 1. Nigeria would additionally qualify with a draw, however will be unable to high the group if both Canada or Australia win.
– Nigeria might qualify even when they lose to Eire. If Nigeria lose and Australia draw towards Canada, Nigeria will nonetheless qualify if they’ve a greater purpose distinction than Australia. If Nigeria lose and Canada lose, they may once more nonetheless qualify if they’ve a greater purpose distinction than Canada. On this case, it could be whichever team loses by the smaller margin.
– Will qualify with a win or draw towards Australia. If Nigeria additionally win or additionally draw, whoever has the upper purpose distinction will undergo as group winners.
– Canada might nonetheless qualify in the event that they lose to Australia, however they would want Eire to beat Nigeria and hope they overtake Nigeria on purpose distinction.
– Will qualify with a win towards Canada. Australia may also undergo as group winners if Nigeria fail to beat Eire.
– Australia can solely qualify with a draw if Nigeria lose to Eire by a margin that’s multiple purpose.
– If Australia lose to Canada, they’re out.
– Had been eradicated from the World Cup after their 2-1 defeat to Canada. They can’t qualify for the last-16.